Old, but certainly not wise


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 1st 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I got out of bed, put in my false teeth and with the aid of my walking stick went downstairs to eat werthers originals and watch antique road show. Well that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but I did reach the quarter of a century. It seems like my 21st was yesterday. I didn’t end up having to work so decided to go to the Tate Modern Art Gallery, (I’m getting cultured in my old age).

I can’t say I know too much about art, as I have never studied it. But some of the stuff looks like a four year old has just been given a bunch of crayons and been told to go nuts and others were amazing. I liked all the surrealist paintings by Salvador Dali, unfortunately we weren’t allowed to take photos. The best part of the gallery is the slides. Not ‘photo’ slides but ‘weeeee’ slides, ones that are 3, 4 and 5 stories high. These are free but have to be booked early in the day; unfortunately I missed out on this day but came back a few weeks later.

Nicola came down for the weekend and I met up with her before going out to dinner at a local restaurant, I ate way too much, they put popcorn out before the meal so I ate about 3 bowls before we started our meals. Afterwards we went and saw the new Bond movie - Casino Royale, both of us enjoyed it, although I think for different reasons, I liked the action but I think Nicola liked Daniel Craig in togs. Maybe I will go to the gym this year, ha yeah right.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.468s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 29; qc: 127; dbt: 0.3657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb