Trolleyed


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Surrey Quays
December 2nd 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Seeing Nicolas favourite pastime is shopping I thought I would take her to Harrods. It is an impressive place especially the food hall, but around this time of year it is absolutely packed with people. Afterwards we walked to and around Hyde Park and went and saw Buckingham Palace for a bit. After plenty of walking we got back and had a siesta before getting into the festivities.

All of the flatties plus a group of our mates had a bit of a shindig at our flat, Nicola was the odd one out seeing the rest were kiwis so she was getting a bit of stick, especially when we found out that MacGyver wasn’t shown in the UK and the teenage mutant ninja turtles were called the hero turtles because ninja has bad connotations (what a load of pc bullsh!t). Later on we went to some of the locals, unfortunately we left it a little late as all of them close at around 12 or 1, something we are not used to in NZ. The walk home from the pub was a little crazy, we went past the local supermarket and the appeal of the trolleys was just to great, a few minutes later we were all racing and there were people flying everywhere. Fortunately there were no broken limbs in the morning, sadly some of the trolleys were worse for wear, and one of them drown in the docks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Me & BronsonMe & Bronson
Me & Bronson

My punishment was to drink out of an Australian rugby beer stubbie. Sickening stuff.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb