London Town


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello

We left Cardiff Wales on Thursday morning in the pouring rain for London but not before we drove a little further south to the seaside town of Barry Island. For those that dont know Chris and I are mad fans of a tv show called Gavin and Stacey and it is a comedy set in that town.

It was a three hour drive to London were we were meeting up with Annie as she flew into London that morning to join us for the next 3 weeks.

Chris was extremely keen to get there as we also were returning the rental car and that meant no more driving for a few weeks. Yippeeeee not bad seeing we clocked up close to 2000 kms over the UK.

We are picking up a car in Italy to drive for the last 4 days in Tuscany and that might prove to be a challenge as they drive on the other side of the road.

Chris had a day all to himself yesterday and hiked around London seeing all the sights and Ann and I travelled 45mins away to High Wickham to visit her Aunty Pat sister of her dad Eddie.
It was a really lovely day and Pat and Ann had a great time catching up after not seeing each other for many years.

We met Chris at 5pm at the pub across the road from the apartment and did not leave till very late....
We are now just waiting for a taxi to take us to Kings Cross Station to catch the Eurostar to Paris... First Class too I might add.
We are just a little excited and I think we actually now can say a few words in French (lots of practicing in the pub last night).
Hope everyone is well at home and away and we will blog from gay Paris.
Love Chris Cath and Annie xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb