Paris and some sunny weather


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 30th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paris and we can't believe the change in the weather, left London on Saturday and headed to Paris via the Eurostar, fastest train I have ever been on. The trip took just over two hours, about the same time we had to wait for a taxi in Paris. We arrived at the apartment with seven weeks worth of luggage to find the apartment was on the fifth floor, and for any who know Paris, the apartments were constructed in the last century, their for no lifts. 60kgs of luggage to get up five floors. Needless to say we spent the rest of the afternoon familiarising ourselves with the local are and one of our local cafe'.
Yesterday (Sunday) we headed to Sacre-Coeur the highest point in Paris, so informed by our tour guide. Our tour guide (Ann) is a lovely lady with self acclaimed knowledge of Paris, however while touring the Notre-Dame I over heard a American tourist telling her children the meaning of the Gargoyles, only to have our tour guide repeat the statement word for word, our faith was lost and now we just give Ann S*%t for stating she knew so much about Paris in the first place. The rest of the day was spent wondering the streets, as we got lost, until a familiar site was spotted, the cafe' we had spent most of yesterday afternoon in, well you can guess what we did the rest of the day. Yes back to he wine and beer. We had dinner at a restaurant recommended by the waiter at the cafe' and Ann was only to willing to leave her name, number, address, email and work contact so the waiter could make the booking. Of course he was young and cute, so they told me, I'm no judge. Anyway the meal was sensational.
Today Monday was again spent in Paris, with Cath and Ann getting the shopping fix on the Champs Elysees, fun for me, I got to wait on the street with all the beggars and two dollar merchants. We then did the mandatory scenic bus tour, stopping at the Eiffel Tower and then back to town and a walk home. We have booked a meal tomorrow night in the restaurant at the Eiffel Tower followed by a cruise on the La Seine river, tell you what it was like later. A quite night for us tonight as we again intend heading back to Paris in the morning, plus we are all suffering from last night.

Love Chris, Cath & Ann


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb