Last days in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Our stay in Paris is coming to an end and we are ready to move onto Italy. On Tuesday evening we have had dinner at the Eiffel Tower and then cruised the La Seine. Dinner was excellent, along with the accompanying mandatory bottles of wine. The restaurant is placed on the first level of the Eiffel Tower with surrounding views of the city. After dinner we went to the second observation deck and nearly got blown away. We then sailed the Seine for a hour, but not before Cath managed to convince a waiter from a nearby cafe' to illegally supply her with six half bottles of wine and glasses for the cruise. As a result of the wine we had to get a taxi home, and then Ann showed us how to unintentionally stair surf, she was disappointed with the result as she had climb back up the stairs she had fallen down face first. Cath and I were no help, not due to the intoxication, but from the uncontrolled hysterical laughter. Ann survived with some embarrassment and good size bruise, but Cath and I still have spontaneous fits of laughter when recounting Ann's downfall. (Ha.Ha.)

Wednesday was a bit of a slow start for us all, Ann and I went to the Catacombs, my nerves weren't from the amount of human remains, but there were 90 steps we had to climb to get out of the catacombs. Knowing what Ann was like climbing stairs I kept my distance. We met up with Cath and visited the Muse'e d'Orsay (fancy name for a museum with paintings, you may have guessed I'm not very cultured). We then caught up with a guy we had been speaking to the night before. Jerrod noticed Cath's Australian accent and we got to talking. We met his wife Sue and had a few drinks, just to top up from the night before, I'd like to thank them for that, another night that turned into a blur.

On Thursday we when to the gardens of Versailles with 10 million other people, we had booked the trip and didn't realise it was a public holiday in France, good to see all of the French people in one place and the one time. We queued for a hour to get past the security check point and walked through the gardens with everyone else. Needless to say we needed a drink after that!

We leave Paris tomorrow and head for Italy to catch up with friends and relax for the week, at least I hope to relax, Cath and Ann may have other ideas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The drink I needed.The drink I needed.
The drink I needed.

Note the alcohol content, tastes like s*#t, but had the right effect.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb