Portsmouth - Telford -"Hiya" Country - Cardiff Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
May 24th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

HIYA

Not quite sure where to start today.

We have had a wonderful few days with Stu and Helen in Portsmouth (Chris' Cousin). Lots of "chill out" time for Chris and I as the schedule has been quite hectic.
Stu and Helen are also fantastic friends of ours and we feel very much at home with them so chilling is easy.
Last Friday on our way to Leighton Buzzard (Jo and Grahams) we called in as a surprise to Chris' Grandma's house at Telford near Birmingham, but unfortunately she was not home so we left flowers and a card. Chris' Grandma is 93 years old.

We were very disappointed not quite sure we would get back to see her and headed down to Portsmouth.
During our quiet stay in Portsmouth we discussed that maybe Chris should contact his Grandma and if she was going to be home we would drive back north before we drove to Wales.

Well, she was home today and we arrived about 1pm as planned. Chris was extremely anxious as he had not seen her for 30 years but as soon as she opened the door it was like nothing had every changed.
Maggie Dovener is a beautiful lady and it was an extremely emotional and moving for Chris and I especially when we had to say goodbye. We intended to stay for an hour but Chris' Uncle Nick and wife Jan turned up and we all went to the local pub for a pint with Grandma in her wheelchair and stayed 3 hours.

Chris is so much like his Uncle Nick a real character and that was another highlight.

We then put another 3 hour drive in this evening to arrive in Cardiff Wales for 2 nights before we head to London to meet Ann.

We are both well and very happy but just very tired after a big day. Keep tuned.

Lots of Love Cath and Chris. xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb