Now in Portsmouth


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Portsmouth » Portsmouth
May 22nd 2011
Published: May 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well we have made it the sunny part of the UK, headed south from Settle on Friday after another family dinner at my cousin's Julie's and stayed overnight with friends at Leighton Buzzard, London, (about 35miles outside of London). Quite night in general, however treated to a five star home cooked meal, thank you Jo and Graham. Departed on Saturday morning and arrived at my Cousin Stuarts in Denmead, Portsmouth for a traditional BBQ. Got to say, that the weather since leaving Settle as been nothing but sunshine. Cath and I are now just chilling out for a the day before exploring the surrounding area, so it's a quite morning, before going to Portsmouth for a meal and beers.

Cath's monkey bite has now all cleared up and the doctor has told her that there should be no after effects from the rabies shots, however I have noticed she often walks off and appears to very scared of running water, but that could just be the English rubbing off on her.



He is only joking about the monkey bite for anyone that was concerned. It was a allergic reaction to a bandaid.
As Chris mentioned we had a wonderful night in Settle at Julie and Brian's on our last night up north and it was fabulous to see Kristopher and Duncan again years after their visit to Sydney 9 years ago. Also it was lovely to meet Beth, Duncan's girlfriend.
Chris & Cath
.
.
.
P.S. For all concerned the monkey bite was a joke, you know my sense of humor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



23rd May 2011
Postman pat and his Black & White cat

Is that a real cat?

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb