Another Snakebite Thanks


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Canary Wharf
November 13th 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Outside our flatOutside our flatOutside our flat

Ours is the second place along and is three stories.
WEEK 2

Over the weekend I had checked out a flat in Canada Water, which is really close to London Bridge. A whole bunch of French guys had moved out and a kiwi couple (Andre & Lisa) from Dunedin had just moved in. They wanted someone to move in asap so it was perfect. I made the mission with all my gear during the middle of the day so there was hardly anyone around.

I spent this week, applying for more jobs, checking out the new neighbourhood, and playing hours of electronic darts. I got quite a few calls about jobs but people call once and say they will get back to you but never do. It is a case of constantly tracking people down and checking up on progress.

We also had a fourth flat mate move in, Amanda another kiwi from Christchurch. She is doing an IT helpdesk job, Andre is teaching and Lisa is working at AIG insurance.

On the Friday, Nicola who I have been seeing from up in Barrow came down to visit for the weekend. On Saturday we did a bit of sightseeing walking around London and Tower Bridge, The Borough
Weird Statue ThingWeird Statue ThingWeird Statue Thing

That's its official title
markets and the Camden markets. It is crazy busy on a Saturday with people absolutely everywhere.

The all blacks were on once again on the Saturday night so we couldn’t miss that. We trained into town and watched the game at the Walkabout bar in Temple. This place is packed with Kiwis, Aussies and Saffas. The local drink there is called a snakebite, don’t really know what’s in it, but it tastes good.

We got back home and played darts til the early hours of the morning, and we somehow ended up eating a nougat rabbit that had been left behind by the French guys, probably left from Easter, it tasted a bit funky. I think the loser of darts was supposed to eat it but curiosity got the better of the rest of us.

Sunday saw a few people feeling a bit fragile (not sure if it was the snakebite or the feral rabbit).

(* Note: I have uploaded a video of my flat, click on the link near my display picture to view it)

More… (Click on next journal)



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Andre & LisaAndre & Lisa
Andre & Lisa

Playing guess what I had for dinner


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb