First days in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
October 6th 2006
Published: October 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

London! Well our first few days have been pretty good, though typically now that we are on the move again the weather has finally cleared but that's how it goes I suppose.

Staying with Matt and Jacinta in Bayswater has been sweet - it's really central and their flat actually has space which is cool. We've started playing the catch up game and spent Thursday night out for drinks near Soho with some friends of theirs we knew from Auckland, then last night went and caught up with Kat (Katie Swanson) at her crazy flat.

We also started on the mammoth list of things to see in London and began with the Natural History Museum yesterday. It was really cool and actually fun, though dodging all the school groups made it a bit crazy. Really impressed with the fact that it's free and you can take in your own lunch. Then headed over the road to the Victoria & Albert Musuem where we spent a couple of hours checking out the Asian and Islamic Arts section. Some of the antiques they have their are amazing and so beautiful, totally got us more and more excited about returning to Asia, though I wish we could fit in new places like Korea and Japan but that will have to wait for another trip.

It's been really great catching up with the few people we've seen so far and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone else that's around. Next stop is Sussex to meet some of my family then we are off up to Oxford to see some of Corb's mates who are working on their phds there. Should be good.

ps: we saw 7 squirrels in Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens - hurah!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb