Birthday Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

oops shopping!!


friday was washing day. had to be done and i aint gonna write anymore about it excpet dont put everythin in one load. i had a few white, now grey, casualties! naughty kylie bought a uk magazine for all of us girls to have a squizzy at...but that made us realise that some of the big department stores are really cheap! so we had a look in the afternoon. two places worthy of a mention are PRIMARK and TOP SHOP. both have huge stores and huge register lines to match! i bought a few cute undies, only for a £1 ea!! and bought a top for £5 pounds..bargins!! def if i have some money when i get back to london in 7wks i'll be goin a bit nuts!! later that night we met cian again and she came out to dinner with us and claires cousins to Shepards Bush, the home of all the aussies living in london. we went to a great italian resturant and indulged on a huge 3 course meal!! the red wine was pretty good too! we were home and in bed again around midnight because we had to get up for the stone henge tour early!!

Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath= My BDAY


Thank you for all your birthday messages! i think today was the first time ever in my life it didnt feel like my birthday, maybe because i didnt unwrap any presents =!!! But we were up early, had only 5hours sleep and had to get breakie on the run to the bus stop. We got on the bus at 7.30am only to be told that we would arrive back in london at 9pm!!! what a long day! and long it was. i've only just eaten dinner before typing this and its almost 11pm! the Windsor Castle was beautiful! the queen was presently residing in the premise as we wandered around admiring all the architecture, the jewels, the thrones and the church! Gorgeous! we then headed off to Stonehenge, across the 'Winchester' Countryside, complete with roling green hills, goats, cows, pigs and sheep!!! the stonehenge was smaller than i thought. but never the less still amazing. it is remarkable how the people back in time managed to errect these huge stones so well. The next stop was lunch, at 2.45pm (yes i was starving) where the crazy waitress spilt a man's OJ all over Gerard! funny but not for him! opps! I had roast beef and yorkshire pudding with gravy and potaoes! yumo! then i picked the bread and butter pudding, just to get all the traditional things of course! Bath was then only a short drive from lunch. Bath was like nothing i have ever seen before! its a huge city but with all this georgian architecture, green parks, monuments and the river which makes it my favourite thing ive seen so far. the roman baths were interesting but it was such a long day, i really didn't pay that much attention to the tour guide, just the smell of the old water-yuck! All in all a good day, but im really ready for bed. Im not sure when my next entry will be because the Contiki tour starts monday. Tomor we change to the Contiki Hotel and need to attend the meeting. i can hardly believe i'll be in france the day after next! how exciting!! and im not sure about the time and internet facilities available yet.
love you all
xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb