In LOVE with France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Contiki Begins Monday


First and foremost the internet isnt as accessable as I thought it would be and Contiki gives u no free time at all!!!! The Royal National Hotel was a nice change from the hostel! Two to a room and our own bathroom!! My luggage was only 18kg for the tour so i was laughing! Wheels rolled at 7am and we were on our way to France on Monday. I,m going to say right now, that this keyboard is really different to our normal ones, so spelling and somethings will prob be werid. We drove to Dover to board the ferry to France. It took 1 1/2 hours and the ferry had 7 decks!! shopping, bars, restaurants ect!! was cool, i,ve never been on anything so big. We stayed at in a campsite in cabins. these made the hostel seem relly nice!! they feed u really good on the tour so no complaints about the food. I tasted snails! their a bit like prawns really. i have some funny pics of this!!

Tues in Paris!


First stop the eiffle tower! we took advantage of the stairs and took the lifts to the top of it! spectacular views. Then we caught the train to the Catatombs, which is the underground tunnels of Paris where all the bodies we placed when they ran out of room in the cemetries due to the war and the plague. It was creepy and the rows of skulls and bones (all real) went on for at least 500m. it got a bit disgusting that so many bodies were decomposed down there! creepy. we ended the day with a caberet show. it went until midnight and was amazing. it wasnt just all dancing but singing and acts in between, like acrobats, comedians and jugglers. The bus never showed up until 2am so we all were sitting on the curb in the seediest area in Paris for 2hrs!

Wednesday On the Road Jack; Thursday,s Picnic


We headed to the French Wine Region of Beaujouis. We stayed at the Chateau, which i no will be possibly the coolest place i will stay ever! it was like a castle and the views from my window were gorgeous. there was a pool, a bar and a night club there!! they had a theme night ,back to school, organised for us to break the ice a bit. it worked because the Chateau not only produced wine but a spirt called ,the drink of life,. It stunk, was 70%!a(MISSING)lcoholic and really made me shiver! gross! needless to say i was a lil dancing queen for the rest of the night and totally had the best sleep ever! got woken up at 6am by the firealarm being set off by someone smoking, so we all had to evacuate. breakfast was great, i had no hang over and we all went on a hike to the top of the world, a mountain near us. we had a picnic on the moutain. the night was spent again in the nightclub, but was a lot more timid than the night before!

Present day Friday


We arrived in Southern France, the french Riveriara. So im in my element being right next to the coast. the weather is so hot and not a cloud in the sky! Our accommadtion again is in cabins, but they are spacy. We had a quick night out to Monaco and the Monte Carlo Grand Casino!! Absolutly gorgeous! and i won my money back i spent to get in! Tomorrow is exploring Nice, sunbaking and swimming i think :-)
Til next time xoxo

Advertisement



17th June 2007

Great to hear from you from France
Hi mandy, so good to hear from you. The things you have seen are just so fantastic, sounds soooo excellent, can't wait to see your photos. Thank goodness the food is good too eh, something you don't have to worry about. Can't get over that 7 storey boat it sounds like a cruise ship. Ross says you are a tinny little bugger winning your money back at the casino. Glad to hear you are having a great time in his home town, not that i think he has been there mind you. Well that is it from both of us keep up the good work he says, and thank you for keeping in touch with everyone is asking how is amanda going and where is she, we do tell them. Love you heaps and miss you too and we are soo happy that you are having such a great time on your holiday. Till next time enjoy and take care, say hi to your holiday mates too from us. XXXOOOXXX

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb