Penultimate day, last night on the 2 Moors Way.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
September 16th 2022
Published: September 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Knowstone. I know, you know but the blog doesn’t. Too small to register. Understandable as there is only 1 accommodation address and only 1 pub and no post office, off licence or any other kind of shop or store. We managed to squeeze into the pub which wasn’t easy as it’s the Mason’s Arms, a 1 Michelin star restaurant, and it’s Friday night. We were told people come from near and far to eat there so getting a table (even in the corner of the bar) is quite a coup.

Just over 25 km today but surprisingly easy. Without the ups and downs of the Coast Path each km is significantly easier and although about 20 km may be our preferred distance the bit extra wasn’t a concern and in fact we probably finished an hour or so earlier than I anticipated. Lots of paddock crossings which are easy on the feet, some road walking which isn’t and some forest sections that are just nice. Approaching Knowstone sections become quite boggy but many parts had boardwalks constructed that made it convenient and safe.

We walk to the Tarr Steps tomorrow which by eerie coincidence I visited exactly 3 years ago according to Facebook memories. The Tarr Steps are delightful and the walking around them is equally so. Tomorrow being Saturday may see them busy, particularly as Monday here is a public holiday (assuming the Queen is still dead-I haven’t kept up with the news lately). The steps are really horizontal slabs laid to cross the Barle, but it is the longest such bridge (a clapper bridge) in the UK.

Little bit of homework and a while sprucing myself up for our night out so see you later.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb