Lynmouth to Simonsbath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
April 13th 2022
Published: April 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Dried Frosties and a flapjack bar with a machine coffee was a surprisingly tastey way to start the day (once over the slight disappointment that the fresh pastries & coffee the campsite say they have on their website turns out to be something they are planning on doing soon but not ready yet!) and we were soon waving the sea goodbye.

The plan was to walk 10miles to Simonsbath today, with 424m elevation… and we actually did it with relative style! We stayed on the right path, enjoyed the scenery of Exmoor, had our pre-bought pasty for a tastey lunch stop whilst managing to pitch the tent up during a sunny spell to dry out from last nights rain, survived some steep climbs without complaining (much), and didn’t get any blisters! Whey hey! ??

Even the noisy birds at 5am this morning, the nest of tics we seemed to have sat on (don’t worry only found one actually having a munch on my finger & plucked him out quick), the cow that appeared from no where to scare me, or the bug that decided to fly into my eye didn’t stop us today ?

Even arriving into a drizzly Simonsbath at 14:30, when the bnb/pub wasn’t open until 16:00 and finding out the tearooms across the street (that looked like a good one) was also closed, didn’t drop the mood, as we ended up bumping into another walker (interesting guy doing Lands end to John o Groats!) and a very friendly owner of the hotel next door (not yet open for season) who let us sit inside his place & have a cuppa ☕️

I would say that was a good way to end the day, but actually, it got better. Once open, the bnb pub (Exmoor Forest Inn) was lovely with plenty space to hang out our stuff to rinse and dry & the pub meal was delicious ? with the chef, (having seen we were veggie from our booking), making two extra veggie special options for us to choose from! Perfecto.

Full & happy ??



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb