Plymouth to Lynmouth & then uphill to the campsite


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
April 12th 2022
Published: April 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

A bus, a train, another train, another bus and we made it to Lynmouth! All smooth & on time as well (Promise we are still in the south west of England!), making it about a 5hour journey, including time to grab coffee / snacks / lunches too ?

Arriving in Lynmouth , we noticed the pretty river and water fountain, quirky, old buildings & shops, impressive water funicular, the chilly sea & the very friendly and helpful information centre staff; including getting to watch a 10min video on the two moors way!

Excited to get going, we bought pasties for tomorrow’s lunch, saw the signs & touched the sea then headed off…along the river…backing into the valley…up behind some houses… up into the woods…up some more… and more… and more …for about 50mins totalling 276m ??! Until we reached the top and immediately detoured off the TMW to the campsite (Lynmouth holiday retreat; which, after that intense climb, I was already very thankful for! Can we really do this?!)

Anyways, we found a spot that looked good & pitched up, sorted stuff & showered, and then, naturally, went to the pub (Beggers roost) next door to the campsite.

Here’s to the beginning of the Two Moors Way!
Cheers then ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th April 2022

Flipping Heck!
Can’t believe that 1) all that stuff fitted in your backpack and 2) you can carry it and stay upright! And as for climbing anything as well - it’s giving me an attack of the vapours ? Well done you two ?Xx

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb