Plymouth, Greenwich and Australia Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Plymouth
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guiness WarehouseGuiness WarehouseGuiness Warehouse

Apparantly the Best Guiness you could ever taste..
Hey Guys,

Well the last week or two have been fairly relaxed, only one major trip to speak of. It involved driving down to Plymouth to visit Deano and Lizzie on the saturday, a couple we met on a trip in Prague. We drove down to Bristol on the Friday night and slept in the van, pulled up at a road side stop. It was at a convience store with a petrol station - they charged £13 for the night, just to park the car! Thats roughly 30 Aust. dollars. Anyway we got a bit of sleep and trundled off further towards the South-west of England.

We had a great time in Plymouth, walking round town a bit before ending up at a pub called the Cider press where we chatted away the afternoon with a few ciders and ales. That night we ended up at Deano's pub where we works, a student affair called The Pit! They had great cider and a buzzing crowd.

Plymouth is a port city, and quite large compared to what we were expecting. And as is synomyous with port cities there is a fair amount of crime, drugs and so on.. In the street we parked there was a suspicous house with lots of activity, and a big black guy standing out the front - and no, he wasn't a bouncer.

On the sunday morning we headed off to Greenwich in London to catch up with my cousin Kristy before she headed back to Melbourne. We had lunch at a really nice and cheap chinese restuarant before moving some of matty's furniture from Greenwich to another borough in London.

Driving in London isn't that bad, but with a large van piled to the top with furniture and no sleep it can become quite a concentrating task! We finally made it back to Manchester that night, exhausted but having had a sound weekend.

Well after that we've just been doing some interior work on the van and things in Manchester - we went out for Australia Day with some of our house mates, ending up a place called the Uluru Bar. Plenty of other Aussies were out, and it made for a great night. Bundy was tasted by all, as well as VB, Coldies and plenty of other stuff I can't remember. Dont think I totally converted the guys to
Guiness WarehouseGuiness WarehouseGuiness Warehouse

Mike, drunk again.
Bundy, but they said they'd drink it again if they had the chance.. We also tried our local bar on the night - a small place called the Hillary Step, which is only a 500m walk from our house. Sadly we don't have any photos from the night, but we shall remember to take the camera next time i'm sure!

Thats about it for now, will write again in a week or two after the next lot of stuff. I've attached some photos that we've just got from the trip to Ireland we did, as well as some other random stuff. Enjoy!

Cheers

Ben and Stace


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Night out in DublinNight out in Dublin
Night out in Dublin

Awesome night out in a 4 level pub that was absoloutely heaving!
Canadian MikeCanadian Mike
Canadian Mike

Did a great job of showing us round the city before he went back to Canada!
Snow near ManchesterSnow near Manchester
Snow near Manchester

Not much, but hey, it was snow!
Our Local PubOur Local Pub
Our Local Pub

The Hillary Step..
A shocking photo with Deano and LizzieA shocking photo with Deano and Lizzie
A shocking photo with Deano and Lizzie

It just didnt turn out right for the photos, but they certainly showed us a good, chilled out evening at The Pit. It's a bit far to make our local, but we'll get there again!


20th February 2007

hair today, gone tomorrow
Hiya Bloke, How's the hair? I know, what hair!!!! Anyway, still looks like you guys are having a ball. Good times. I start my new job on Monday, YAY! Love ya lots, Al
23rd February 2007

Happy Birthday
Hey Chief, Happy birthday mate, keep drinking for us mate! P.S - Dont tell me the beard is back?? Nooooo

Tot: 0.414s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb