Derbyshire 167 - Chesterfield /Checking tyres /hoping for the best /the screen is done


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Chesterfield
July 31st 2020
Published: July 31st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Well there you go . Gabby is fixed . The windscreen man rang . I will be with you in ten minutes . He arrived with a new windscreen for our girl just in case he could not get the mirror off and replace it with a different one. The rain held off and he scored . He heated the screen . It did not crack . The mirror came off and the new one was fixed on . Result . We can fix our french and German emission stickers back on.

The driver took the hub caps off and checked the tyre pressures . Not sure if it was the weather but the pressure was low . That's not an easy job . Moving our girl to make room . Taking off the plastic protections that stop us losing the hub caps . Lying on the floor trying to get the compressor to work . Failure . . We had to take Gabby to the garage to check them again . They said they were OK . The jury is out . We came home and ordered Tyre Pals. Used to show you the pressure in your tyres continually . Why we have never ordered them before I cannot tell you. We have thought about them . Many times but each time we stopped short of buying them . Today we ordered them . At least they will stop the guesswork of the pressure. Why the van does not have the brain to monitor its tyre pressures is beyond me ? The car does it . The car tells me when pressures are low and makes me reset them . It makes me ride round the block to reset the gauges .It is a clever bit of kit . Why don't they put them on motorhomes ? So the screens done, the tyres are OK. We just have to put the hub caps back . That will wait until tomorrow . We went to the garage we have always used . The owner retired a few years ago and the young lad who worked for him took it over . It was a good business with a good reputation . He ruined it .It is now run by another firm . Did not like it . Wont be going back .

It was lovely to go out in Gabby . We opened all her windows as she felt like a sauna inside , The sun was beaming down all day . Hot Hot Hot . We must make the most of the sun . It wont last forever . It never does .

We must start to fill Gabby l up ready to go on holiday . It is Day 130 Wednesday and hump day. Shopping Day - everyone wearing masks . Apart from the staff . About half wore them . I wondered why not the other half . They probably had COPD, some respiratory infection or excuse not to wear them . I was astounded . I kept looking at them and wondered why are you not wearing them ? I often find myself biting my tongue stopping saying something I might regret . Why are you not being made to wear masks might have resulted in World War 3. I brought the shopping home , we put everything in the cupboards and I set to work . It was one of those working days which flew by quickly . July is on its way out . Only another handful of days and we will be in August . August - it can be a hot month . It can be a very dusty, dry month . It can rain forever . Who knows what August will bring . Holidaymakers quarentining when they get home . Warnings of more to come . Deaths a bit random - 66 one day . 122 the next Averaging under a 100 but where are they? No-one ever tells you and it takes a lifetime to find the information if at all. What ages ? Seems the odd youngster but guess they have underlying health conditions . Most elderly . Tell us more . Give us more information . Boris has promised another update this week . The Welsh first minister too . It has been said that the Welsh First Minister runs Wales from his back garden . He inspires no-one . But then neither does Boris . Perhaps they make decisions from their garden sheds .

Work - a lot done before the Buzz meeting . 2nd coffee of the morning . A few phone calls and a walk up the garden . The morning goes much that way . Glenn cuts the grass . I put the washing in . I work some more . It take the washing out . Before I know it the afternoon has gone . Another day has disappeared as if dropping down the hole in Alice in Wonderland . What will tonight bring ? What will tomorrow bring ?

A glass of red wine - the perfect end to another day under Covid 19. Not a bad day to end Day 130

"Sitting quietly , doing nothing , Spring comes and the grass grows by itself " Matsuo Bashi

Summer comes too. Autumn as well and Winter too .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb