Off to Windermere


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Windermere
March 25th 2022
Published: March 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

So up early and with a full english brekkie we are going to make our way to Windermere. It was decided I would drive us there and Mike could be the navigator so I can see there being some heated words on this short journey!

So after a short journey which if I am honest was not too bad, with no heated words, really surprising!! We find we are early to the campsite so park up until they let you in. This is where nearly our first heated words as not sure we were going down the right road but hey ho we find the site without a hitch. We are shown to our pitch as the camping and caravan club takes you to a pitch.

We decide to walk to Staveley which is a nice little walk over the fields and find Hawkshead Brewery as we were told it was a nice place. So after a bit of walking around we find the brewery and decide we must have a drink here - well we were really surprised as Jack, who is a son of friends of ours and who started up a business in lockdown from standstill, had his scotch eggs and sausage rolls being sold there - so of course we had to order one of each of these. Oh by the way his business is called Neaum so if you ever see anything made by Neaum I would definitely buy some as they are delicious. Sorry Jack I did not take a photo of your products as they were eaten before I could photo them. We also ordered a cheese platter which was really good value as well for £9.

After a walk around little Staveley we find the railway station as tomorrow I think we are going to get the train into Windermere - not sure this is a good idea on a Saturday when the weather forecast is sun all day - but hey ho why not as we will not have to worry about parking will we.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb