Beautiful visit with old friends in Oundle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Peterborough
September 28th 2013
Published: October 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It has been about five years since we've seen our good friend Leti and her husband Alex. Far too long for our liking!!

And this is why I'm loving our trip.

Shane and I got up extremely early on Saturday morning to make our way to Oundle, near Peterborough. This old market town of 5000 people is gorgeous, and is home to Oundle School, where both Leti & Alex teach. We are so lucky to have friends in such beautiful places. The school was established in 1556.

Leti picked us up at the train station and we finally got to meet Emma, their daughter. What a sweetie! We found Emma at a coffee shop with Leti's friends, who were looking after her that morning as Leti and Alex had to teach. Shane and I had breakfast with her friends and then wandered around town exploring.

We went to a great pub for lunch with the Brightons in a nearby town and walked back to town afterwards through fields of friendly cows (turns out sometimes they're not always friendly). It turns out Leti has been trying to make our lasagne for many, many years (she was probably one
Shots around OundleShots around OundleShots around Oundle

Beautiful village in an old market town
of the first people to eat it in Victoria when Shane and I moved in together!) and can't quite get it right so we happily made it again for dinner that evening. The least we could do for such a lovely stay. :o)

After an early night to bed (turns out we really do like staying with friends with kids as it's such a good excuse to go to bed early!) we woke up the next morning to sunny weather again and went for a great walk at a nearby park and bird sanctuary. We clearly had tuckered Emma out so we had a yummy antipasto lunch with Leti & Alex at home while she slept. Then it was back to London in the late afternoon so we could catch an early flight out the next day.

We had gorgeous weather all weekend and got to spend lots of time catching up on life. What a beautiful memory from this year!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



20th October 2013

finally!
yay, a day to myself to get caught up on the wonderfully exciting lives of others. It's good to cultivate friends in fabulous places:)

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb