Holodomor Genocide


Advertisement
Ukraine's flag
Europe » Ukraine » Kyiv
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Holodomor was one of the worse genocides that occurred in history. Holodomor is a term that was created because it was from the brutal famine imposed by Joeseph Stalin. For Stalin to come to power, he confiscated all the foods, so people will not cause uprisings, and to teach farmers a lesson. In effect, 25,000 of men, women, and children died per day. During this time, Stalin did not just murder people by causing famine. He also executed and deported people who opposed his ideas to labor camps. One thing that many did not know was that Ukraine was actually the "breadbasket of Europe." It had fertile soil that things overgrow only in two days. The strange thing was, America had a feeling there was something going on in Ukraine. However, there was someone who supported Stalin and wrote in the New York times saying that nothing is going on in Ukraine. Stalin was able to gain power and become successful with his plan because New York times called the issues "propaganda". The main reason Joeseph Stalin acted this way was because he supported Marxism. Marxism is the creation of industrialized society or communism. Later on, the Communist Party believed the church was opposing Marxism. As a result, they burned down the churches, or transformed them to cinemas, libraries, or barracks while books and church bells were being sold. An event in the winter that occurred was that, many people have died. Many died from starvation, lack of energy, or they just suicided. From 1932-1933, about 2,500,000 people died from this tragedy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb