72 Waterfalls


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 12th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.5949, 7.90749

Kim found this great hotel in the valley town of Lauterbrunnen. There are a total of 72 waterfalls cascading off the mountain face in this valley. The largest of these waterfalls, Staubbach falls, was a close walk from our hotel. After walking through town and checking out of the Staubbach Falls close up we went to have a dinner. We wanted to have a true Swiss meal of Fondue and we were not disappointed. Accompanied by a tall glass of German beer this was an amazing meal. After dinner we made our way down to the pub to watch the second half of the America vs. England world cup match. Team America...Fuck Yeah! The next morning we had a great Swiss breakfast at the hotel (pretzels for breakfast, yum!) and drover further into the valley to see more of these amazing waterfalls. We came by a lift that takes you up to Schilthorn. Those of you that are James Bond fans will recognize this location as the mountain top retreat used in "Her Majesty's Secret Service". Because of the cloudy weather it did not make sense for us to spend the small fortune to go up into the clouds where we would not be able to see anything. So after watching the lift take a load of suckers, I mean passengers, up into the clouds we headed on our way. As we continued down the road we came across a pasture with several cows wearing cowbells. We finally reached as far into the valley as we could drive and turned around to head to the next valley over, Grindelwald.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th June 2010

Hey - great pic of both of you kids. Its on my screen saver now.xoxomomma
20th June 2010

Yumm - altho I am not sure if the expression on your face is reflective of that thought!
20th June 2010

This is just gorgeous........... Amazing

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb