Into the clouds


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 13th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6245, 8.0343

Although Grindelwald was just the next valley over it was far more touristy. When we first drove into town we saw some small gondolas traveling from the valley floor up the mountain. At one point we could look up through the clouds and see a glacier on the mountain. After driving through town we decided to go find out more information on the gondola lifts up the mountain. We discovered that the lift was just the first of 3 that would take you up to the top of the mountain. Because there was still a some low clouds I did not want to go up further then we could see down. The first stop was where we were off to. If you are not aware...Kim has a little thing about heights. So this was a bit tense for her. She was a real trooper and did great. The ride up was fun as we started to enter through the clouds. When we got off at the first station we walked around a bit and had some great views down through the clouds of the town far below. We also got to see some more cows with bells on. We left Grindelwald to head for Vevey on Lake Le Leman. Looking at the map we decided to skip taking the motor way and instead take the smaller scenic route. Because my knee was acting up Kim was driving. We soon discovered that the smaller scenic route was nothing but a one lane paved road that switch backed up and down through the mountains. For me this was a great ride. The scenery and views were amazing. For Kim who was driving this was a little nerve racking. She did a great job and we were soon at Vevey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd June 2010

Great Shot!!!
22nd June 2010

Great Picture

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb