On to Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 12th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6855, 7.8559

As we got into Interlaken we could see some para-gliders floating in from the mountains toward the center of town. We walked thought the town center and eventually found a nice pub where we sat outside and enjoyed a pint of beer. While we sat enjoying we saw more para-gliders, one after another, circling around town and landing near by. After we finished our beers we continued walking through town and found a large field where the para-gliders were landing. We watched a new group of para-gliders run off the top of the mountain and float around overhead before coming in for a soft landing. It was great fun to watch and made me jealous that I was not one of them. We heard a low drowning noise coming for near by and my first thought was, are there go cart races happening on the streets of Interlaken. As we got closer we were disappointed to find out the noise was that of the South African Vuvuzela. There was a large screen TV set up in one of the town squares and a load of people where watching the World Cup. Interlaken is a very clean city with lots of great shops and restaurants. With its great view of the surrounding mountains and a beautiful teal green river running through the center of town this city was a joy to visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



20th June 2010

There is my handsome son.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb