Its not the top of the Alps but it's impressive


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 12th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.948, 7.44821

Originally we were planning on starting the day with a trip to the top of Mt. Titlis. This trip takes you on three different lifts to get to the summit. The last lift turns 360 degrees while traveling up to give you a full view. When we woke up the sky was gray and it had been raining. We checked the web cam from the Mt. Titlis and you could not see a thing. The price was very expensive to go to the summit. While I did not mind spending a small fortune to see this amazing view, I was not about to spend the money to see nothing. Since the mountain summit trip was out we had some free time so we decided to check out the Swiss capital city of Bern. When we arrived there was a market going on and lots of activity in the city center. We walked around the market the went to see their famous astronomical clock. We grabbed a bratwurst in the market and walked over to the Kornhausbrucke bridge to get a view of the River Aare. We were a little surprised how far down the river was. It was a great view. We have never been to a capital city that was so clean. It was a great stop but we were now off to see Interlaken.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

BernBern
Bern

Check
BernBern
Bern

Tastes like chicken


20th June 2010

No way. And he is doing this barefoot? I don't know how he can keep his balance with the water moving under him........

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb