Geneva and Arsenal


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
August 24th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.2038, 6.13996

We woke to a wet and cloudy Interlaken morning. The weather had certainly taken a turn for the worse. We checked out from Tent City around 10am, and made our way to the train station by bus. Again, our train ride was fairly comfortable and straight forward with one brief transfer in Bern. Scenery wise it was average, wet, raining, through fields and small towns.
With little else on the agenda, todays mission was to watch Arsenal vs Fulham at an English pub on arrival in Geneva. I had researched a British pub, checked they were showing the match and made directions to get there by tram from the station. It all went so well, we arrived in Geneva on time, 30 minutes before kick off. We found the tram, and it dropped us right outside the pub. Stoked, we headed in, only to be told they werent showing the match as they did not have the right channels. When I asked if any other pub would, the owner said no, as they were 'pretty much the best'. (Dont go to the Mr Pickwicks Pub). So I used their weak wifi to check other options, and first pub I found in walking distance I called and they confirmed they were showing it.
It was a bit of a painful and dangerous walk, slippery in full packs. 10-15 minutes walking in light rain had us at the Clubhouse 15 minutes into the match, just as Giroud opened the scoring. We spent the next couple hours relaxing on comfy couches in front of a big screen with expensive beers and fries. Arsenal ended up with a 3-1 win.
From here we made our way via tram, to our Ibis Budget hotel near the airport (20 min from city centre).
After checking in we wandered the huge mall over the road, buying a cheap breakfast for tomorrow, and with no alternative had the infamous expensive Swiss McDonald's for dinner. Two large meals cost us around $30AUD. The quality was average, my burger was like a bacon and cheese roll with chicken fillet. We turned in around 11.30, tomorrow we have a big day planned! *

*As tomorrow was such a big day elsewhere, Geneva photos taken tomorrow have been included in todays blog


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Ibis Budget GenevaIbis Budget Geneva
Ibis Budget Geneva

Looked and smelt like a hospital?


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb