Nordbrucke and Jurablick


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
November 17th 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.3667, 8.55

Robert had emailed Willie Eischmann and told him we were in Switzerland and he agreed to meet us for brunch at Nordbrucke right down the street from Stefan and Marianne's. We had made reservations and glad we did because it was sold out. His train arrived, Robert met him, I was at the table and Stefan and Marianne arrived to join us. It was a very nice brunch and visit. Willie needed to get back home and so we said our goodbyes and then continued on more adventures.

Marianne wanted to go to Jurablick and have a walk and bite to eat. She assured us this was not a real difficult walk and so we decided to join them. This evidently is a very popular walk and just like the airport you are out of the Wipkingen zone and have to pay a little more. Took the train through several small communities on the way. The countryside was lovely as usual and there is a nature preserve in this area where we might see some wildlife....deer.

The walk was lovely first along the railroad track and then into the forest and heading up to Jurablick. The Jurablick restaurant is old dating back before World War II and is a lovely setting. When you enter, your eyes are first drawn to the ceramic tiled fireplace what was making it very cozy. Long benches to sit on with other travelers and order your food and drink.

Had a enjoyable plate of appetizers and wine and then headed back to Zurich. It was a nice way to end our outside adventures in Zurich!



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Laura with hiking poles Laura with hiking poles
Laura with hiking poles

trip to Jurablick up in the mountains


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb