Georgia - Athens to Pordenone


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
December 16th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.1408, 8.72701

To Italy
Athens to Pordenone (via Bologna and San Dona di Piave)

We woke up early and drove to the airport, planning to have breakfast there. However, after bag drop, security and immigration we found that we had gone past all the restaurants! We were then siphoned into a small waiting room for our flight, with nowhere near enough seats for everyone! We ate a healthy breakfast of choc chip biscuits for breakfast!

Our flight ran late as the three flights before us had medical emergencies on board! Luckily our flight ran smoothly and we arrived in Bologna! We went through the airport very quickly - advantages of open borders! Then we went and got in our hire car, planning to drive to Bologna for lunch.

Once we loaded all the bags in the car, Dad turned to the engine on and a message popped up in English saying something about some engine additive. I mentioned this to Dad and he said not to worry. Then Mum got in the car and pointed out that the message said that the car would not start in 1500 km - and we are driving to Germany! Dad spoke to the car hire people and explained this, and they said "ok come back in half an hour and we'll give you a new one.

So we went back inside the airport and to the airport lounge, which was fortunately landside! We found however that, unlike at Gatwick, they didn't serve meals - so we ate piles of chips!

Then we went back to get the car, found their was a problem with that too, but eventually we got a car and drove to San dona di Piave. We had afternoon tea with Zio Renzo (Nonno's brother) and Zia Graziella, their son Elvis and Francesca, and Zia Pierina (Nonno's sister) and Zio Egidio.

Then we drove an hour to Pordenone, where we checked into the beautiful B and B where we stayed last time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb