Travelling to Italy


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica
December 16th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.9525, 23.8706

Last night was the most comfortable bed that I think we have had in Greece and we slept well. Our B&B was close to the airport, so we quietly departed at 7.45am and met the car hire fellow at 8am. RyanAir check-in wasn't fast, and by the time we passed through security, we realized that the business lounges were on the other side of security - there went our plans of a club breakfast. It was probably just as well we didn't stop - there was another ridiculous queue where they checked our boarding passes at the door of the gate...then, a delay due to a medical situation in our flight. We breakfasted on a packet of choc chip biscuits and a packet of crisps.

The flight to Bologna was uneventful. However, when we arrived in Bologna, and found the rental car, and loaded it, we found that it had a problem - it needed some additive and in 1500km, would cease to start. So, Avis said to wait another half hour and they'd have another car ready. We discovered the Business lounge (landside) at the airport and promised the kids a bowl of pasta - but found the club didn't do warm food, only panini and crisps. (How odd, in Italy, where the midday meal is so important!). Then back to the car (the one they promised still not ready, so then they found us another one - cannot believe that we all fit in a VW Golf!) and finally, almost 2 hours after arriving, we were off.

We set off in heavy fog to the zii in San Dona - the delays meant that we didn't have time to have lunch in the centre of Bologna, so will have to return to rediscover its lovely piazza and covered galleries.

We had a wonderful afternoon with Zio Renzo (the baby brother of Elio, who joined Elio and Marcello in Australia in 1964) and Zia Graziella, their son Elvis and Francesca, and Zia Pierina and Zio Egidio. It was so good to see them.

After 3 hours of reminiscing and sharing stories, we headed to Pordenone and our B&B - an easy drive. Off to bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb