Made It!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, we got to London on time but had to circle several times before we could land. We got to the gate probably 5 minutes late. They gave us travel cards to fill out on the plane, but I had messed one up, so when we got to customs, we stopped to fill one out. When we got there the line was fairly short, but while we were working on the form, hundreds of people came down the hall. We quickly got in line but the line was a whole lot longer than it would have been earlier. It was going terrible slow and we figured out that there was only 1 customs official handling that line (probably 400 - 500 feet long)! We knew we were sunk! Shortly after 7 though, a bunch more officials came on duty. About 7:30 we cleared customs. That airport had very poor signage and we ended up taking a long fast walk to the wrong train. We asked there where we needed to be and he said "Oh, you need to go back to arrivals and follow the sign to the Underground, so that is what we did and arrived just as the right subway train was loading. The train kept getting fuller and fuller until you couldn't have hardly even fell down. 27 stops and 62 minutes later we got to Kings Cross station and then had to walk about 1/3 mile to St. Pancras station. We got there and had to go through security and everything worked out fine. I had my GPS along and saw the speed reach 186 mph. In London we had to walk again from 1 station to another - we stopped and had lunch at McDonalds. We were going to use the restroom in that train station, but you had to pay $.50 so we decided we'd wait until we were on the train. Boarded the train and we had 1st class tickets so it was really nice and roomy. I again got my GPS out and that time I saw 200 mph. Beautiful farms and villages with massive churches, but we sure didn't have time to see much going that fast. The countryside flew by. That ride was about 3 12 hours long ,with only 1 or 2 stops, to Basel, Switzerland where we had to change trains again. There we got on a double-decker train and our seats were on the upper level in 1st class. That was probably about the nicest looking train that we rode on today. After about 2 hours we arrived at the Interlaken West station. We had to walk about 1/4 mile to our motel down a dark alley. We got to Happy Inn and Lodge (that also has a restaurant) and walked into the restaurant. The owner (Mr. Happy) hollered out good evening and started talking to us like old friends. We got checked in and went back down for some supper. We ordered water to drink and he brought us 2 glasses (no ice) and a pitcher. He said he took the fish out of the water, and about that time the bartender hollers out "Where's our fish?" We are TIRED! and are going to hit the hay.

Advertisement



5th October 2011

buy you a camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb