Oh my God!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 22nd 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6855, 7.8559

This blog might have some misspellings, due to the fact that we jus finished dinner and had a liter of wine.
We arrived in Interlaken after a beautiful drive of about 60 miles. Wow, there are snow capped peaks everywhere!
We checked into our hotel. We are on the 4th floor, they call the attic. The roof is angled on one side, which makes it a bit of a challenge to navigate, but it is clean and cute.
After unpacking, we went down to the lobby to se about laundry, and guess what, they have a washer and drier that we can use for free! We put in a load and waited for it to finish and then put it in the drier. I told Stacy that we should do the other load later that night, as it was a beautiful day out. We went for a long walk and went up on the funicular to Harder Kulm, which is a neat lookout above Interlaken. Across the valley, we had a beautiful view of the Eiger, Monch and the Jungfrau mountain peaks After dinner, we returned to our hotel and saw that someone was using the washer and that there was another load waiting to by put in. Oh, crap! Well, we will try tomorrow.
We got up early, and had breakfast and headed to the train station. Today we went up to" the top of Europe". We took 2 trains, 3 cog railway trains to get to the lookout at Jungfrau. Its at 11,333 feet above sea level. The temp. was 33 degrees when we got there. What views! We could see Italy, Germany, Austria and some small villages in Switzerland. There are also a bunch of glaciers. We walked outside and almost fell on the ice and snow. We visited the ice palace, which is an ice cave carved into the glacier. It is an ice cave, ceiling, walls and floor all ice! Yhey had some ice carvings and other things in there. We had lunch up there and then headed back down. It took 2 1/2 hours to get up there and the same to get back. After a short rest, we had a magnificent dinner at an Italian resturant near our hotel.
Tomorrow, it is supposed to be nice, so we are going to drive to Lauterbrunnen and take a ski lift to Gimmelwald, which is a little village on he side of the mountain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

top of Harder Kulmtop of Harder Kulm
top of Harder Kulm

The top of Jungfrau is 11,764 feet


22nd September 2010

Sounds like you're having a fantastic vacation. What beautiful views! Seems your biggest challenge has been the lack of laundry facilities. Next time you might want to bring more clothes. When are you coming back to the States?
22nd September 2010

Breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing your trip and photos as you go. You must be having a fabulous time!
22nd September 2010

Wow...don't see that coming over Sunrise at 5:15.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb