From Lake Lugano to Lake Como


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 12th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.4945, 9.90103

We left Lake Lugano on Saturday and drove to Lake Como, which is back in Italy. We came to the town of Mennagio and stopped and looked around and had lunch.
George Clooney wasn,t home at his Italian villa, so we headed north and stopped in the town of Gravedona. We were hoping for a laundry to be there, but it was not so. Maybe at the next stop. We found a TI and asked about rooms, but they were not very helpful, so we went out on our own and found a nice place for 1 night. It was called the Hotel Laura. We also had dinner in their restaurant. It was very good. Got to love that Italian food.
This morning, we left to go to St. Moritz area. It is high in the Swiss Alps in Switzerland, about 6,000 feet. They are predicting a little rain tomorrow. The road up here was the classic Alps mountain road with lots of switchbacks and turns. But it is a wonderful road compared to Italian mountain roads, which are about a lane and a half, with no center line. These crazy Italians come around the corner in the middle of the road and barely move over. I am suprised that we still have 2 mirrors on the car.
We are in Pontresina, which is a small town near St. Moritz because St. Moritz hotels are outragious. We picked out a hotel from a book at the TI and checked in. It is very cute. We went over and took a funicular up to the top of Muottas Muragl, which is a ski resort. Beautiful scenery up there.
We got a line on a laundry facility, where they do the laundry for you. We will see how much it will cost to get some of our laundry done. If its too expensive, we may have to walk around naked!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th September 2010

If, you dont find an automat, you can always paint youselfand no one will care. Ha Ha

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb