Beautiful Lugano


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 10th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.0036, 8.9534

Here we are in beautiful Lugano. We found the TI and they got us a room at AL Boccalino in Melide, which is a suburb of Lugano. It was cold and rainy when we got here, but the next morning was bright and sunny. We had a fantastic lightning show over the mountains on the first night.
We got up and took the train to Lugano Paradiso, then took the funicular up to the top of the mountain. There is a church there and you can go to the top of the church and have a 360 degree view of Lake Lugano, the city, and all the way to Milan.
After that, we got back on the train and went into Lugano and did a walking tour of the old city. We stopped for lunch and then headed for the docks and took a boat tour of Lake Lugano. It was absolutely gorgeous. The boat ride was about 2 1/2 hours. The temp was in the mid 70's with a light wind. Perfect!
This morning we drove out to Bellinzona, which has 3 13th century castles in it. Two of them were very nice. The other was OK. Then we drove up to the valley Verzasca to the town of Sonogno for a look. It is a small village at the end of the road, very picturesque.
Tomorrow we have to leave this beautiful place and head for Lake Como. We will find a place to stay near there for a couple of days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Us on the boatUs on the boat
Us on the boat

You just hold up your camera and someone will volunteer to take your picture.


10th September 2010

Very cool. A pic of the lightning over the mountains would have been nice.
10th September 2010

What a goober!!

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb