Amazing Alps


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West
April 7th 2010
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well our Swiss trip has come to an end but I do not think that we could have possibly found a better way to spend our three last night’s than with our host family up in a little village called Zweisimmen up in the Alps.

We were greeted by Andy at the train station and whizzed up to their home overlooking the village and the Alps on the other side of the valley. For the next three days were treated for nonstop awesome views, laughs and conversations to the early hours of each evening, delicious food and so much more.

We got to see the Alps in all four season pretty much in the three days. On our arrival it was a pleasant afternoon with not much snow about so we went for a hike up above the house. That night was snow and more snow so next day was Alps in winter with snow absolutely everywhere and we went for a nice walk into the village and got to see we think a wolf!! We have photos but it is a long way away but it is been investigated. Soon after we noticed something that looked like deer but is were mountain goats which are very rare to see so doing well for this day.

Next day the sun is out and we are all sun burnt after a big walk up to a lookout point and by the time we return home all the snow is gone. We could not believe how much the weather can change from near blizzard on day to burning our eyes out the next.

No for the important things, food and drinks... Eating swiss cheese fondue up in a wooden house overlooking the Alps.... Or maybe swiss cheese platter, hot chocolate sitting in the sun surrounded by snow and getting sun burnt... It was just an amazing experience for us and it is due to our host family who are so wonderful and there was not a dull moment for the whole time when they were around.

The town itself is not really big at all and has a lot of skiing slopes, I think it is if you ski for 7 hours straight you will not use the same slope twice so plenty of space.

The only problem for us is that we were only staying for three days and needed to go back to studies...





Additional photos below
Photos: 170, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Day 2 (1)Day 2 (1)
Day 2 (1)

Our hosts place :)


12th April 2010

ahhh.. so beautiful, i want to go back!!! miss u

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb