Very hilly city.. but the views....


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We headed south after Basel to Lausanne which is at the base of the Alps on the other side of Lake Geneva.

Luckily for us the sun was out, for this day at least and we made the most of this. It was supposed to be raining for the next few days so the first sight of sun we were rushing around the very hilly city trying to see as much as we could before it turned bad again.

First stop was the church sitting above the city and we did not realize how a good a view that was offered from this point. We spent some time here checking out things and taking plenty of pictures then headed into the Church and it was opera singing practice which was a bonus for us to see.

From here we headed down to the lake since it was sort of on the way to our next host. Such a sunny day people were crawling over the place and with the views of the Alps and the hint of spring arriving why not. We were very lucky to have a day like it was as the next was not so good at all.

After the lake we went to our hosts flat with three lads all from France who was looking after us for the two nights. It was shopping for dinner and having a massive meal before Fabien was teaching us cards tricks, entertaining us with his guitar and telling stories.

So the next day was rain and wind.. Meaning museums to the girl’s delight which led us to fall asleep in the museum for quite some time (see pictures 😊). We didn’t do a great deal this day and was mostly spent indoors drinking hot chocolate until the waitress told us to leave.

We did manage to see a great deal of the city though between showers and it is very much a up and down city with all hills over the place. Not much else to report on though for the day, friends of our hosts come around that evening for Black Jack night which is always fun of course.

Like Basel, with a sunny day Lausanne is a magnificent city and we were just happy to have half a day with this to appreciate the area.



Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb