Swiss Bliss


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
July 24th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Me and Ally arrived in Geneva via Lyon after a long train journey through some picturesque countryside. We decided to go straight to the main attraction of the city: The Jet De L'eau, which is in Lake Geneva and is an impressive jet of water that reaches 140ft. However, it wasn't switched on due to the bad weather that seemed to be following us about. We had a look in the tourist shops and I was shocked out how pricey everything was though I did purchase a Swiss Army knife which has come in pretty handy with controlling Ally. A sandwhich was about 10 francs (~£8!!!) We had cheap noodles for dinner, and even they were 10x the cost of British cheap noodles! In the evening we watched the film 300 in the common room and got chatting to a nice couple from Australia who told us horror stories of traveling through South America.
The next day we went and seen the fountain that was switched on and took a boat across the lake so that we could stand beneath it. We got pretty wet. We took a bus to see the United Nations building, outside is very modern, with lots of flags and fountains, however it was closed for the day. We stumbled across the European Cup professional Triathalon event, complete with Olympic competators! Ally got rather excited when they started changing into their swimming gear. There was a British female cyclist so we got involved by cheering as she went past. I really liked Geneva, it's a beautiful city and must look even better in winter when the mountains surrounding it are snow capped.
N.B
I still don't have good internet, so I've been dictating the last couple of blogs via Skype to Tom who I miss loads and loads so apologies if they are shit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb