No Romance in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lorraine » Nancy
July 22nd 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I apologise for my lack of blogging recently, but the internet situation is pretty bad. It's either too expensive for my budget or I've only had 15 minutes! I'll upload the photos when I get home.
We arrived in Nancy and took a long bus ride to our hotel, which was situated in a lovely industrial estate that wasn't actually in Nancy. As we didn't have a kitchen we went and ate a croque monsieur in a small café in a supermarket.
The next day we travelled into town and we went shopping as it was raining. I bought a bit too much, mostly clothes, and then we went to the botanical garden and followed the tourist train because it was slow enough for us to get a free tour :D In the evening we watched some French TV and saw a Harry Potter film, and watched a popular French programme in which the main character is a magical dwarf lady, who was a choreographer. Needless to say it was pretty strange to watch, but my French is improving.
We went to Dijon, and again we were in a hotel in an industrial estate, but luckily there was a large shopping mall nearby, which we didn't realise until the second day as it was called Casino. Neither of us noticed the loads of shopping trolleys outside. In Dijon town it also rained so we went and bought mustard along with some more clothes. All the museums were free, so we had a wander around them. Looking forward to going back to hostel life in our next place as people in hotels aren't as friendly!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb