Lugano


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
October 29th 2005
Published: October 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

My houseMy houseMy house

the last building on the left is our building. Its old and loud so we have gotten in trouble many times for nothing more than walking around and cooking late at night.
Things around here have been going pretty well. we havent really done anything special since the last time i posted but i know everyone wants to see where i live so i took a trip into town with my camera. we had a game that night and sleeping in on game day never goes over well with my body so i t was nice to have something to do to get me out of bed. we won our game in Five to a team that is in the top four of our league. it was a pretty big win so we all went out to celebrate after. Today all we did was recover with a nice stoll to one of the parks. i know i said it before but i feel i must say it again. Im having alot of fun and still cant believe i get paid for this. thats all for now.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Close but not quiteClose but not quite
Close but not quite

i see this sign everytime I walk into town. it alway makes me laugh and think of everyone too.
My Favorite StreetMy Favorite Street
My Favorite Street

Here is another view of one of the famous streets in Lugano. Any time we walk to the center of town this street is the quickest way. Although are figuring out the bus' here so we can get places quicker and easier now.
Open Air MarketOpen Air Market
Open Air Market

Every weekend there is a market down in the center. i havent bought anything yet but its fun to walk around and just see everything. its a great place to people watch too.
Open Air Market IIOpen Air Market II
Open Air Market II

There is a postcard with this exact picture on it. Minus the people of course.
Piazza della ReformaPiazza della Reforma
Piazza della Reforma

this is the main Piazza in Lugano.
Lake Lugano FrontLake Lugano Front
Lake Lugano Front

Walking around the lake is pretty fun. You can get soem great views and with the seasons everything is always changing. Directly out of the picture to the left would be the Piazza della Reforma
Mt. Brea....... AgainMt. Brea....... Again
Mt. Brea....... Again

Standing in the same spot as last picture, only this time i zoomed out to get the mountain.
Chess Anyone?Chess Anyone?
Chess Anyone?

Near the main Piazza you can play pick up chess games. I still have not mustered enough courage to challange anyone but i have watched a game or two.
Cool FountainCool Fountain
Cool Fountain

There are many fountains in Lugano, such as this one, and one of the cool things about them is that they are all safe to drink from. The city fountains are actually better than most bottled waters.
Some BirdsSome Birds
Some Birds

Its been fun taking pictures around here. If you just walk around and push the button on your camera you have a pretty good chance of taking a nice picture. Its fun when its that easy which hopfully will give me some motivation to wake up earlier for the good lighting.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb