Pisa and Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
November 21st 2005
Published: November 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sorry guys that i havent posted them earlier. It was a fun trip as you will see from the pictures. i cant wait for Birka to come out here so we can do all of this stuff together. I will definetly post the pictures of our trip to Zurich, this wendsday, soon. Have a happy Thanksgiving!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

First LegFirst Leg
First Leg

On the First leg of our journy. it was about 4 and 1/2 hours of total drive time. Not to terrible.
LostLost
Lost

Its a bit hard to find the Tower but we mad it eventually.
Three of usThree of us
Three of us

Joes Dad is just as much of a dork as we are so he was happy to pose for this picture.
TouristTourist
Tourist

If you go to the leaning tower and dont take this picture there is something seariously wrong with you tourist instict.
DumbDumb
Dumb

We had been in the car for a while so we were in rare form for taking pictures.
Dumb-2Dumb-2
Dumb-2

I dont even know what the heck im doing in this picture but we had a good laugh about it.
Dumb-3Dumb-3
Dumb-3

Here is Joe, walking like an Egyption in Italy. Like I said it was a long car ride.
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

We arrived in Florence with enough energy to enjoy a nice Florentine steak. the price was a bit steep but it was the second best steak i have ever had. Bedstefar gilled me up a T-bone a few years ago that has yet to be topped.
Ponte VecchioPonte Vecchio
Ponte Vecchio

Joe and i went out exploring a little later and found this bridge. Its the oldest bridge in Italy and the only Bridge in Florence to have survived WWII.
MarketMarket
Market

The next morning it was time to hit the famous Florence markets. the man in the white coat is the guy i ended up buy my leather coat from.
BoothBooth
Booth

Here is Joe checking out the stuff at one of the Boothes.
Somebody's BirthdaySomebody's Birthday
Somebody's Birthday

Here I am getting somebody's Birthday gift, but im not telling who and you will never guess what it is.
PerseusPerseus
Perseus

We had a little time to do some sight seeing. here i am at the famous statue of perseus with Madusa's head. Im sorry if i spelled Madusa wrong.
Another StatueAnother Statue
Another Statue

I have never heard of this statue but i thought it was cool. I found it in one of my books and could tell you all about it but it loses its effect if you are'nt standing next to it.
Dumb-4Dumb-4
Dumb-4

I dont want you to think we did'nt have enough time to be dorks in Florence.
Dumb-5Dumb-5
Dumb-5

Anyone have the time????????
Local spotLocal spot
Local spot

Eventually we had to listen to the locals. It was a fun trip and we saw alot but Joe and i had to go to work that night, if you want to call two hours of volleyball work.
NeutellaNeutella
Neutella

Found the biggest jars of Neutella ever!!! This was at a gas station on the way back.
Final StretchFinal Stretch
Final Stretch

After a full day of travel we were pretty worn out. Dont worry mom, we took this picture on the Autoban going around 150. Just kidding it was in a parking lot in front of our house.


Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb