Getting Married


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » St. Gallen
July 3rd 2020
Published: July 17th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Awaiting our guestsAwaiting our guestsAwaiting our guests

cheers to life !
Despite the March cancellation of our initially planned wedding, due to travel restrictions, lock-down and virus dictatorship, we have finally been able to say "yes" on July 3, 11:00 AM in Wil, Switzerland. Nui has decided to be called Butri Benko, keeping her nick name Nui of course. And I have also decided to continue to be called Benko :-). We are pleased to send you some pictures taken at the wedding. It was a small ceremony (bigger ones are not allowed yet anyway) with close friends and family. Alfred Koecher a friend Nenad knows since 1986, acted as Nenad best man, Sirinya Hauser, a university friend of Nui, was her bridesmaid. It was absolutely lovely to see the two Thai ladies being dressed in their traditional silk robes, something the Wiler community does not get to see too often. Nui received a lovely ring made from white-gold with some diamond splinters (must be), Nenad's wish was a gold chain instead of a ring, he can wear around his neck. After a nice several courses lunch and a memorable presentation of Nui on the topic "Who is Nui", guess who set this one up.... :-), we took off to the Engadin valley, more precise a side valley of it, called Val Fex. It is located above Sils Maria, a town made famous by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Thank you all for your support and thoughts for our wedding. We are excited and happy to take that step and have you all on 'our side'.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Isaan ladiesIsaan ladies
Isaan ladies

in traditional silk
Lovely NuiLovely Nui
Lovely Nui

in Thai traditional dress
The Town HallThe Town Hall
The Town Hall

Entering the ceremony hall

hmmmmm hmmmmm
hmmmmm

eye to eye


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb