Malmo I think I love you


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
August 8th 2014
Published: August 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Yesterday saw us travel from Gothenburg, all the way down the e6 to Malmo. It was worth the trip. Malmo is great. Our hotel (time for a stretch out and proper shower) ,the comfort hotel malmo, is fantastic and right opposite the station for our trip across ' the bridge' to Copenhagen later on. Oh and did I say I love malmo?



The journey was uneventful but following a van that advertised ' god service' I felt we should see where it went...i was overruled



We checked in early, had the obligatory surf to see what great stuff is on foreign TV ( though nothing will beat singing and dancing nuns and priests from romanian TV last year) and headed out to explore Malmo. Which i really like a lot. Malmo really is lovely, its what i expected oslo to be like and it wasn't, its got a great mixture of older world charm and modern cutting edge buildings. Its a very green city too and feels very safe. It also apprently operated on some kind of alternate timescale, what was only three hours felt like seven, maybe it was because we were so relaxed. Obviously, when in a foreign country its good to sample local foods and traditions. Based on this we had a curry for tea and followed it with a trip to the 'Oktoberfest' set up in the middle of the city to drink some German beer........Ian an effort to be Swedish at least a little bit I did force down a cinnamon bun. Tough but I felt I had to.



The one litre jug of beer had finished Ash off so we headed back for a nap. A nightcap outside afterwards ended the evening in malmo but my choice of a bottle of Pepsi Max meant I was able to listen to the rain at eleven. And twelve. And one. And two. And it was torrential.



Today is a day in Copenhagen using the train and the fees to cross the bridge equal the cost of the train ticket!



Things I learnt



1. They have windmills in Sweden too

2. Malmo is great, really great

3.Oktoberfest doesn't have to be in october

4. Trains run from malmo to Copenhagen about every 5 minutes

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb