wonderful wonderful Copenhagen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 11th 2014
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So, last post we'd explored the delights of Malmo and were getting in a good nights sleep for Copenhagen. Which we did. And it really was wonderful. We caught the train across the bridge from Malmo station which we could see from the hotel room, always a bonus. The train cost about forty quid for two of us return. Had we driven across the bridge in the van, it would have cost about two hundred quid return, mental! Just as well I checked before deciding to drive over. The train was fast, clean and the view fantastic and in half an hour we were in Copenhagen station which, like so many things this holiday, is beautiful. After an interesting web chat with a woman in Copenhagen tourism office from a booth in the station, we had a wander and decided that a boat trip would be a good idea. Eventually we found where to actually catch the Netto cruise from and paid our four pounds each,easily the best value thing this entire holiday, four pounds for an hours boat trip, bargain. The trip was great, even better since it felt like I was being driven around by my dad as the driver man looked just like him! The cruise took in all the sights including the grumpiest woman in the world on the boat who nearly capsized it by getting up and screaming at the woman doing the talk to stop some guy on our row from standing up which he'd only done once. ( she screamed at ash once we got off as well for a reason I've yet to fathom)

Lunch followed at very nice bar right next to where Neils Bohr discovered the atom with the ever friendly wasps before a wander back to the station. At the station we ate an actual Danish pastry in Danish land. This was worth the trip alone and my blood sugar has just about got back to normal.

We got the train back to the lovely hotel, got into Jason and headed the twenty minute journey to Trelleborg.



After Malmo the terrain flattens but the horizon is peppered with pretty churches. We arrived at the campsite , chosen only because its right next to the port for the ferry to Germany, to the sounds of shakin Stevens 'this ole house' as covered by a great German oompah band. What is it with Germans and their oompah muSic?!?! though not as loud as the ones in Hungary last year the Germans over the campsite played their oompah selection all evening.

Things I've learnt

Bikes take prority in Copenhagen and are mental.

The Swedes love rock music

Never drive over the bridge, get the train

Copenhagen is no more expensive than London

Netto boat tours are proper value for money

Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb