Day 07: Welcome to Stockholm (Mar 2018)


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
March 24th 2018
Published: April 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 24th March 2018

R popped by for breakfast this morning before our long journey to Stockholm where we would be staying over the weekend. We had a sumptuous breakfast before our long, six hours train journey to Central Stockholm.

We rode on the 11.16am train from Oslo Central Station. Sitting in the First Class Coach, we found the leg room in between seats to be extremely generous. It was worth spending the SEK 100 extras for the comfort. There was a small bar at the end of our car where we could help ourselves to some coffee and water as well as some fruits and desserts. There was also a meal car in the middle of the train line where sandwiches, salads and drinks could be purchased.

While the 525km journey was lengthy, we found much comfort in our seats as we arrived in Stockholm feeling refreshed and rested rather than tired.

This was R's second trip to the city and oftened he was lamenting how beautiful the capital was and how I should make a trip down and see for myself. True enough, we were very blessed with nice weather throughout our short stay in Stockholm which made the pictures turned out especially impressive!

After checking in at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel and scoring a complimentary 6pm late check-out the following day, we proceeded to the Katarina Elevator where free views of the city could be had from the Gondolen (Slussen Tunnelbanan Station). There was massive construction taking place at the waterfront. I guess when everything is completed, the views from the the top would be superb.

From Slussen, we took the Tunnelbanan one station north to the Old Town (Gamla Stan) for dinner. This is the atmospheric quarter of Stockholm where the streets are lined with restaurants and craft shops. We took some pictures at the Town Square before heading for dinner at a cosy French Restaurant. I had the white fish with mash potatoes as my mains and it was a really memorable meal plus excellent service to end our Saturday evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb