Day 08: Stockholm - The ABBA Museum and more (Mar 2018)


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
March 25th 2018
Published: April 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 25th March 2018

After breakfast at the hotel this morning, we took the Tunnelbanan to Kungstradgarden Station where we transfered to Tram #7 to the ABBA Museum.

Kungstradgarden could be nice to visit during the spring season when the hundreds of sakura trees would blossom in unison to usher into the warm season.

Tram #7 is the only tramline in service in Stockholm city. It provides a direct linkage from the Central District to Djurgarden, a museum island located off the east side of the city. We chose to stop by at the ABBA Museum since I was (am still) a big fan of their upbeat songs having watched the Mama Mia Musical in London as well as dancing to their music during our brief clubbing days when we were younger.

We did not choose to part our kroners for the hefty museum admission fees as we had other travel plans to follow this morning. However, we did popped by at the museum shop and purchased a souvenir T-shirt for keepsake. There were plenty of photo taking opportunities both inside and outside the museum building.

Certainly, our day started on a bright note with the clear blue skies ahead of us as we made our way to the City Hall Building, one of Stockholm's most iconic landmarks. It was crowded with visitors hoping to catch a glimpse of the building and the beautiful waterfront in front of it.

After lunch at Max, we spend the rest of our afternoon shopping at the Smalandsgatan Shopping District. It was busy with shoppers on a Sunday afternoon where the shops were opened as usual. After our shopping trip, we managed to catch some rest as our hotel room and freshened up a bit before heading to the airport for our evening flight back to Oslo.

This was a brief 2D1N Stockholm encounter for myself. Everything seemed so refreshing since this was my first visit to Sweden. For R, the ABBA Museum was also new to him as he could now trace the origins of 'Dancing Queen' after the visit to the museum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb