Is that a cockroach, or a small dog?


Advertisement
Europe » Spain
December 27th 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.7383, -13.8681Up early for the flight to the Canary Islands. We had breakfast at "La Sirena Verde", a place just outside of the hotel. It was pretty early - 6 AM - you wouldn't think that any places would be open at this hour in Spain, because everybody is a night owl here and you wouldn't think anybody would be up this early for breakfast. But this is Spain - this res... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zbzb
zb

More dunes shots.
zdzd
zd

This was probably one of the best photo days of the trip.
zeze
ze

The only way this photo could've been more perfect would be for it to have a tiny bit more sky in the shot. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? This pretty much encapsulates how I feel when I travel - just me, wandering the world and discovering things about life, and about myself.
zmzm
zm

Sunset at the dunes - by now, it was getting cold.
zozo
zo

A rarity in Europe - ice!
zqzq
zq

Ben went for the fish. He seemed to enjoy it.
zrzr
zr

Ha, with some friggin' massive prawns! She also seemed to enjoy them.
zszs
zs

I went for the 4 station pizza (ham, tuna, artichokes, mushrooms) - I really shouldn't have ordered it because when I questioned the waitress if it was Naples-style, she kind of said "Uh ... it's ... typical Italian style?" Definitely better than Pulcinella's pizza in Calgary (how that place can claim to make Naples-style pizza, I'll never know), but not great. The edges were a little bit burnt. Nothing special. I miss the pizza of Naples, but nothing else from that sh*thole (see Euro 2006 blog entitled "A masterpiece so beautiful it made me cry .... )!
ztzt
zt

A nice picture of the happy couple.
zuzu
zu

A nice picture of the happy couple, ruined by the appearance of a third wheel.
zvzv
zv

Dessert was a chocolate salami - basically a chocolate paste with crumbled biscuits embedded inside. Not too shabby!
zwzw
zw

Me, drunk on wine. This would become a common theme for the remainder of the trip.
zw2zw2
zw2

Have you ever seen this before? A coin-operated TV!!! I guess we can't really complain because the condo was something like 35 Euros per night. But we are Asian, damnit!!! So we tried an old trick used in arcades - taping a coin to a string and trying to score some free credits. Didn't work.



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb