Andalusia - where true Spanish spirit is born


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 6th 2015
Published: August 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Emotive Discovery of Andalusia

If you want to reveal the genuine Spain, go to Andalusia, since it is exactly the very place where Spanish heart beats.

Benalmadena seashoreBenalmadena seashoreBenalmadena seashore

The light house is non-functional now, but it undoubtedly adds coloring to the local landscape.
When we arrived back home after our trip to Catalonia and Valencia, my parents and I realized that we were indeed wild about Spain. We understood that we want to know more about this magnificent country. We set out sights on Andalusia - the only region that may help to penetrate into the soul of true Spain. At last the happiest vacation of my life came, and we put off on our weekly journey. With a transfer in one of the largest European airport (Frankfurt Airport), we flew to Malaga.

It was the happiest and the most desirable travel of my life, so I was overexcited when I found myself in Costa del Sol - the widely spread resort in Andalusia. As soon as we relaxed after our exhausting flight in the exotic hotel, we started planning our trips during that week. We wanted to see as many places as it was possible for those seven days we had. My parents and I belong to the category of hyperactive tourists who love walking and investigating the unknown country, and who will never spend a day toasting on the beach. Overall, we planned to visit Mijas, Marbella, Puerto Banús, Granada, Cordova, Seville, Torremolinos, and Ronda. We thought that these different towns would сomplete the picture called Andalusia, and we were not mistaken. They indeed talked us a lot about this Spanish region, and helped to feel deeply the true Spanish spirit.

Being the motherland of flamenco, the place of the first corrida, and the source of the very Spanish hot passion, Andalusia remains not only a gimmick for all tourists, but also an asylum of the genuine Spanish self. To me, Andalusia is where authentic Spanish soul lives. All our trips to Andalusian cities made us believe that the south of Spain has a highly admirable historical and cultural heritage, enviable nature, and fascinating atmosphere of a native home. Indeed, when I visited all those places, I felt myself at home - as if I was born there and knew all streets and localities like the back of my hand. I have never felt myself in a foreign place like at home - only Andalusia gifted me this feeling that will always tempt me to come back to this Spanish region.

Andalusia is associated with notable contrasts. It is the poorest region in Spain. However, the cultural abundance and great history makes Andalusia the most precious pearl of the country. It is inhabited by different nationalities. Meanwhile, the political, economic, and social rights of aboriginal Andalusian population are above all there. It is the land of hard, routine, and enduring agricultural labor. At the same time, the local people are easy-going, open-hearted, and sensual. Andalusia is the presence of flaming sun and chernozem soil. Nevertheless, generous harvest of all kinds of cultivated plants and abundance of wild local flora is the integral part of Andalusian reality.

Andalusia, you are barbaric and noble, rough and esthetic, solid and various. I truly felt in love with you. Once, we'll reunited. Oh, Andalusia, I left my heart with you forevermore...


Additional photos below
Photos: 88, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

We lived in BenalmadenaWe lived in Benalmadena
We lived in Benalmadena

It is one of many Andalusian towns creating the iconic look of snow-white Andalusia. The walls of local houses reflect sun and blind everyone, so to wear glasses always remains in a fashion here.
Hotel Holiday Polynesia in BenalmadenaHotel Holiday Polynesia in Benalmadena
Hotel Holiday Polynesia in Benalmadena

The entrance hall of the hotel where we lived. When you enter the hotel, you get into the atmosphere of Bora Bora, Samoan, and Easter islands.
Hotel Holiday PolynesiaHotel Holiday Polynesia
Hotel Holiday Polynesia

Special mention should be made of this 4 stars-hotel. It is perfectly set in the Polynesian style that indeed impresses all its guests and us above all.
Hotel Holiday Polynesia Hotel Holiday Polynesia
Hotel Holiday Polynesia

This amazing hotel can be recommended to anyone who is looking for a high-quality and esthetically pleasant accommodation in Malaga.
The largest Buddist temple in whole EuropeThe largest Buddist temple in whole Europe
The largest Buddist temple in whole Europe

The temple is located in Benalmadena, in the place with the highly positive energetics.
MijasMijas
Mijas

One of the characteristic features in this Andalusian city is donkey taxi you can take to observe the localities.
Garden square in MijasGarden square in Mijas
Garden square in Mijas

Approaching the local church.
Small and old church in the rockSmall and old church in the rock
Small and old church in the rock

Today, the local people pray in this old church built in the 16th century.
Monument to a smugglerMonument to a smuggler
Monument to a smuggler

In the past, Mijas (like other European cities) teemed with smugglers.
Near the functional bullringNear the functional bullring
Near the functional bullring

It is square outside and oval inside. Me standing near a ticket window, where people may purchase a ticket for a seat under the sun or in the shade.
Blessed SacramentBlessed Sacrament
Blessed Sacrament

We were lucky to see the celebration of the important Catholic occasion.
Me observing MijasMe observing Mijas
Me observing Mijas

I like this city for its special atmosphere of heartfelt comfort.
Puerto BanúsPuerto Banús
Puerto Banús

Monument to Christopher Columbus seeing the unknown continent for the first time.
Mecca of luxuryMecca of luxury
Mecca of luxury

Abundance of yachts, fancy cars, and seafood in one place.


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb