rrcamino14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
October 9th 2014
Published: October 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well I am now in Sarria. Since the last posting, we have had an interesting journey. From Acebo, we hikedto Ponferrada, which means Iron bridge. It is a city of 62,000 with a well restored castle overlooking the city.Stayed at a very nice but old albergue. It used to be an old pilgrim hospital. Next day we hiked to Villafranca and met people we have seen along the Way. Had a nice dinner with a mother and daughter from Seattle. Next day our luck changed. The weather turned windy, cool, and rainy. We entered Galacia which reminds me of Ireland. Had an 800 meter climb in the driving rain with torrents of water rushing down hill and we hiked a total of 36 kilometers. Arrived at the top of the Mountain at O´cebreiro and stayed in a municipal albergue with 80 of my closest friends. A warm shower never felt so good. next day left for Triacastela and took a shrt day of only 22 k. Did laundry. Felt good to have clean, dry, and warm clothes. Had a pleasant dinner with couple from Chico, California and slept well. Then off to Saria where we arrived and decided to stay a a hotel. The walk was again windy with on and off rain. We are now at the location where we are to meet Anne and my two brothers, so we will chill for two days. I am going to take an excursion to Samos Which has the largest Benedictine Monastery and will also have a pilgrim,s mass. Physically doing well and John is a great companion. Miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb