RRCamino 14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
October 2nd 2014
Published: October 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are now in Astorga. Yesterday we walked 32 kilometers to get ti Viavarante, a small village with one basr and one albergue. The albergue was clean and we had a pilgrimĀ“s dinner of salad and egg omlette with a bottle of wine. Went to bed at 9 and slept until 5:30. We then left for Astorga. we are nearing the end of the Mesata, as the mou ntains are in clear sight. Arrived at Astorga, a 22 kilometer walk prior to noon and checked into the municipal albergue for 5 euros each. We then toured the city and had bocadillos(a sub) for lunch. we then toured The Palacio de Gaudi, an impressive Episcpal church and the Cathedral Astorgia. This is an old Roman city and is confined by the old city walls with only 3 entrances into the city. Very beautiful city and appears very prosperous. Physically doing well but John has some tendonitis for which we just bought some athletic tape and are taking anti-inflammatories.Cannot believe we have been treking for 3 weeks. Think of you back home often and miss you. Will see Anne on Oct 10.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb