Can You Say Tailwind?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 8th 2011
Published: June 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Top of yet another hillTop of yet another hillTop of yet another hill

Bill and the Tramp en route
The riding today can be described in two parts. We left Bohonal de Ibor about 8AM and traveled on some very narrow, very bumpy, very up and down roads towards Talavera de la Reina. Then the second half of the trip was on a fairly straight road, CM4101, to Talavera de la Reina with a great tailwind. We were at the Office of Turismo in Talavera by 1:30. About 70 kilometers. Found a very nice Hostal, showered, and went on a walk of all the historical buildings in this one time walled city.
Lunch was a new experience. The menu was two sided with a fixed price of 8 Euros for a two course meal including wine (remember that wine) and desert. The first side was your choice for the first course. Obviously, the other side was for your choice of the second course. Bread and wine were served first. By the time the first course (we had selected Spaghetti Bolognese)was served, the wine was taking its toll.. By the time we finished the second course (Gerri had Croquettes and I had veal steaks), we both mentioned how the wine was affecting us. Must have been some high alochol content. Anyhow, it made the sight seeing expedition quite enjoyable. Definitely we did not bike or drive!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb