Iberian Adventure Busabout Tour-Spain and Portugal


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 18th 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We began our bus about tour early on Sunday morning and drove straight to Toledo, we walked around the old town and then sat down fro breakfast- tostados with tomato, quite delicious. We then drove on to our first stop Granada- the temp when we arrived in town 41 degrees, it was like a ghost town, everyone was having their siestas.

The first night in Granada was one of the best nights we had- it was the World Cup Final- Spain v Netherlands. We headed to a local pub for drinks and tapas and then settled down in another pub to watch the game. Unfortunately at 11 o’clock on the same night we booked in to see a Flamenco Show, knowing that if the game went to extra time we would miss the end, but what were the chances really. Well as it went Spain did win in extra time and we missed the only goal of the match. However the flamenco show was awesome, loved it, can’t believe how well the Spanish can dance like that. After the show we headed back into town for the celebrations and what celebrations they were- it was crazy, chaotic, loud and exciting. We headed to a pub for a few drinks and a bit of celebratory dancing. A great night to be in spain!

The next morning we did a tour of the Alhambra- the most visited tourist attraction in Spain. It was impressive but also very hot. After a long night and morning we all took the opportunity for gelatos and siestas, what was to become a habit for the entire Spain trip.

From Granada we headed onto tarifa a small surfie town on the south coast of Spain- it had a great vibe and it was great to be near the beach to get the coastal winds. Unfortunatley we did not have much time to explore Tarifa as that day we did a day trip to Morocco.

It is unbelievable how different life can be when you take a 35 minute ferry from Tarifa in Spain to Tanger in Morocco. We headed to the old quarters in Tanger and there were people everywhere harassing you to buy things. In Morocco we visited a spice shop, carpet making place, had lunch in a Moroccan restaurant where the food was ok. We were also told we were from ‘disney Australia’ and when we tried to correct this to ‘Syndey we were told no Disney. It was a fleeting visit to Morocco but my first taste of life in the African continent.

From Tarifa we drove on to Lagos in Portugal another lovely little bech town. Here we took a kayaking trip through the grottos. Quite beautiful and also hard work as the winds were quite strong and we were kayaking out on the ocean. Thankfully I had Michelle in the back who was powering us on. It was a lovely day out. The night life in Lagos was huge and I experienced some of the night with a few cocktails, but some of these clubs were a little crazy for me so packed up around midnight and went home.

The last stop for the Busabout tour was Seville- another place that I found to be too hot, even though our walking tour guide explained that the locals thought it was great because the temp was only in the mid 30’s and they usually get 40+ temps every day in Summer. The walking tour was an interesting experience. Apparently many Spaniards bought new LCD televisions to watch the World Cup on and all the TV companies were giving money back refunds if Spain won the World Cup, so I guess the public won and TV companies must now be in a lot of debt. That night was another night of Tapas tours ( I haven’t been overly impressed with Tapas actually.)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb