Cadavo Baleira to Lugo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 22nd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 39


Wednesday 6th May




I had a great sleep and was feeling much better - much more enthusiastic which was a nice change from the last few days. We had another climb out of town to start the morning just for something different... but it was pretty much our last big climb as we are leaving the mountains today.



We stopped briefly in Castroverde to grab some supplies for lunch, and then stopped atop our last hill for the day to enjoy some lunch.



The weather has been really heating up lately and the last 12km into Lugo was an absolute killer. The temps were in the high 20’s/low 30’s and there was next to no shade so we were really in the elements. We eventually made it to the albergue though, which was in a lovely spot in the old town. Dav and I checked in, while Ben and Lauren went off in search of a pension for a little luxury for the night. They had no luck though and soon joined us at the albergue again.



After showers, etc we head out to explore Lugo. It is such a lovely town, with a gorgeous old section around a fountain and garden area. We ended up at a great little bar where we drank sangria and ate pinchos over a few games of cards - what a life! After a kebab for dinner, Lauren and I retired back to the albergue for the night while Dav and Ben went to another bar to watch the football Champion League semi-final. Ben’s team Barcelona won in the dying seconds of the game so he was a very happy chap when they made it back to the albergue.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

LugoLugo
Lugo

- Day 39 -
Getting closerGetting closer
Getting closer

- Day 39 -
Mr CoolMr Cool
Mr Cool

- Day 39 -


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb