Rest of Stage 9 - Muskis to Castro Udiales


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
April 12th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13


Friday 10th April



The next morning, Lauren was still not feeling well and so she caught the bus on to our next stop of Castro Urdiales. Ben went with her to see her on the bus while Dav and I started the 15km walk.



The clouds were quite heavy and it wasn´t long before we had our ponchos out. We made a faily good pace but were pretty miserable as it didn´t take long before we were soaked through despite our wet-weather gear, and when we hit the higher grounds and the winds hit our drenched bodies, it was just freezing.



We stopped at a lsmall bar in an even smaller town called Miora, partly to wait for Ben who still hadn´t caught up with us, but mainly to take a break from the elements and have a nice warm cup of tea.



After a good half hour´s wait and still no Ben, we hit the road once again, only for him to catch up with us a few mintues later. So we all walked the last few kilometres into Castro Urdiales, with our plan being to meet Lauren at the church. Unluckily for us, there were 2 churches in town, and as it was Easter Friday there was a huge procession in town with literally thousands of people... We eventually found her and made our way to the albergue. Just to add injury to unsult, we got to the albergue at 2.30pm but it was not open til 4pm.... So we, along with some other pilgrims, sheltered in the little laundry room at the back of the albergue so as to get out of the rain and wind...



Eventually 4pm ticked by and we were able to get inside and have a warm shower to heat up and dry off. The boys then kindly offered to brave the elements on our behalf to ´go and hunt´, bringing us back some dinner which Lauren and I were able to enjoy in bed, before falling asleep for the night! It was not the best day we´ve had, and the weather was a bit disappointing as the area we walked through was meant to be quite stunning in good weather. But it is all part of the adventure..



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

DittoDitto
Ditto

- Day 13 -


Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb